Welcome to Reception
We have two Reception classes, Robins and Wrens.
Our Reception teachers are Miss Hillyard (Robins) and Mr Mangan (Wrens).
Please click on the curriculum newsletter attachments below to find out what the children will be learning about this term (and previous terms):
Week Beginning: Monday 6th July 2020
Hello Robins & Wrens,
The Reception home learning pack for the week commencing Monday 6th July is now available on the website.
This week is going to be our final week exploring rockpools and the creatures that live in them. We are using our innovation skills that we have practiced all year to make a text map and fact file about another creature that lives in rockpools: the Starfish!
We will also be reading one of Miss Hillyard's favourite books: One is a Snail, Ten is a Crab. This book will help us start to count in 2s, 5s, and 10s which will really help you moving into year 1.
We have all been so impressed with the hard work you are putting in every week and it makes us happy to see pictures of your work so keep sending them our way. You are all super stars, keep up the hard work 🙂
Activities to be completed daily:
- Read your decodable book
- Read and write your tricky words
- Complete your diary entry (draw a picture and write a sentence of something you have done that day)
- Complete one of the activities in your home learning pack
It is also important to remember that aside from your daily activities there are other activities you should be doing every day:
- Daily exercise – e.g. Joe Wicks PE @ 9am https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
- Get some fresh air e.g. playing in the garden
- Share a story with someone in your family
- Spend time with your family e.g. play a game, make a shop using everyday items, research a topic of interest.
Remember we are always here to help! If you have forgotten how to log into Airhead, you can watch this short video as a little reminder!
Miss Hillyard, Mr Mangan and all of the Reception Team